We are working on the release 3.1.
Recent changes can be seen in
The most important new features are:
- New user interface with menus and dialogs
- Native user interface for BeOS, Win32. Gnome and TCL/TK versions are under development
- Undo/redo system
- Cut&paste available on BeOS and Win32, X11 version is under development.
- Context sensitive help
- Pseudo-3d filter.
- New ports and drivers:
- BeOS (including the GameKit based drivers, translator support, mediakit support is under development)
- Windows (Will work on Win9x and WinNT, supports (but does not require) directX in both windowed and fullscreen modes.)
- Ability to render animation sequences
- Important speedups in zooming algorithms
- Updated tutorials, new tutorial "math behind fractals"
- New commands (line drawing primitives, (color), smootmorph and ohters)
- Many many cleanups, rewrites and bugfixes making XaoS better than every before
- Updated help documentation
- 3 new fractal types
Latest sources and some binary packagaes can be downloaded from
They _can_ compile on UNIXish systems, windows, dos, BeOS and plan9 now.
To experiment the latest version we encourage you to
web based CVS version of XaoS sources
Please report all bugs to the SourceForge mailing list.
Thank you in advance.
Send all comments, questions, and suggestions to
Copyright © 1996-2003 by Thomas Marsh and
Jan Hubicka. All rights reserved.
Web design unifying by Zoltan Kovacs
XaoS is a part of the GNU Project and
hosted by SourceForge.
Last modified: Sat Jan 18 8:58:33 UTC 2003